Sunday 4 May 2008

UK FHM - June 2008

So here we go again, the 100 sexiest women in the world of 2008. Nice golden cover but the content of the magazine is a little underwhelming to say the least as most of the effort seems to have gone into the 100 sexiest supplement. Over the past couple of years this has been usually the case anyway. I guess publishers think many would not notice given a supplement to distract the reader with.

The main shoots in the magazine are of Kristen Bell and Melanie Slade, Theo Walcott's girlfriend. Both shoots are disappointing in my opinion and both just look like they have been taken in the studio, nothing much adventurous attempted. I would say the Melanie Slade shoot is the better technically of the two. Kristen Bell does little for me too so fans of her might appreciate the shoot better then I would.

As for the 100 sexiest supplement, it's mostly recycled shots, some full page and some thumbnail size. A couple of shots I haven't seen before and there is a superb shot of Kelly Brook worth seeing. The winner is Megan Fox, we get a couple of pretty awful pictures of her to be honest. Second is Jessica Alba. It seems one blockbuster movie is all it takes to be crowned sexiest woman these days. Out of my 10 nominations Megan wasn't mentioned and some ladies you would expect to make the 100 didn't. I think the US votes have far too much influence even though the print version of the magazine is no longer published in the States.

No comments: